X4

Status
Not open for further replies.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I still have a long way to go, but a couple of comments:
1) In your last post you have \(\displaystyle x = \dfrac{X}{X4}\). Previously I had thought X4 was some kind of component of a 4 dimensional vector. Apparently that isn't what you are talking about. One major element of my confusion is that X4 has no units? Even in projective geometry X4 should have a unit. Also, as far as notation is concerned, X4 is a numerical factor in all equations, such as \(\displaystyle v = \dfrac{V}{X4}\). It seems to be some kind of ratio (as you mentioned earlier) but you haven't yet defined what that ratio actually is. If I'm understanding what you are trying to say X4 is nothing more than a scale factor, which doesn't have any analogue in Physics. So physically speaking just what is X4?

2) In an earlier post you gave a set of equations that were explained in Chinese. I have been unable to translate those. My best guess is this: You are working in a system where \(\displaystyle \infty\) is a real number. To be precise: \(\displaystyle \dfrac{1}{0} = \infty\). This is not true for the real numbers as \(\displaystyle \infty\) is not an actual number.

If my guess is correct you are trying to discuss X4 in terms of a type of number system called the hyperreal numbers. Hyperreal numbers have two major features not belonging to the real number system. First, they include \(\displaystyle \pm \infty\) as actual numbers. Second, they also include infinitesimals, but you don't seem to need that feature. The hyperreal and real numbers have some similarities but you need to have some care in using them: the topology of the hyperreals and reals are not the same.

Depending on your answers I'm going to tackle
I have to make an analogy here and refer to SR temporarily. What render 3D space contracted? It’s movement or in my own way, the increase of mass.
tomorrow.

-Dan

Mar 2019
cosmos
progress

"...Previously I had thought X4 was some kind of component of a 4 dimensional vector. Apparently that isn't what you are talking about."
It seems that that dragon has made a great progress. Congraturations.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
unit

"...One major element of my confusion is that X4 has no units? Even in projective geometry X4 should have a unit. "
No unit.
In projective geometry, X4 is just the proportion of space.If you must say it should have a unit, then the number "1" is appropriate.
In X4 Theory, X4 has no unit. The more you think it should have a unit, the more you will be confused. Just take it as a symbol temporarily, please.

Mar 2019
cosmos
X4 is the (matter) state dimension of real cosmos

"...So physically speaking just what is X4?"
In one of my prvious post in this thread, I have told that "X4 is the (matter) state dimension of real cosmos". You can expect / imagine or even assume it exist at this step.
"...It seems to be some kind of ratio (as you mentioned earlier) but you haven't yet defined what that ratio actually is..."
(Again, put aside time t for simplicity.) The kind of ration is X4 space effect. It's not defined by me. Again, it's the result of calculation, not definition.
"... If I'm understanding what you are trying to say X4 is nothing more than a scale factor, ..."
In respect of space, it seems to be a "scale factor", of course, in addition to contrary. At this step, you can consider it is ony a scale factor for simplicity. But you should think carefully, what render space scale? Human?
"...which doesn't have any analogue in Physics."
I have made a feasible analogue between the X4 value and matter states in cosmos: The question of the beginning of cosmos, antimatter, dark matter, Relativity, QM, background microwave, etc, are established things or things under exploration. How can they relate together? Cosmos is just that one thing.
of course, someone can insist that light is not a kind of matter, anti matter dark matter are same kind of matter, etc, then he will bump bump bump in 3D space for ever.

Mar 2019
cosmos
open space vs closed space

"... In an earlier post you gave a set of equations that were explained in Chinese. I have been unable to translate those. My best guess is this: You are working in a system where ∞ is a real number. To be precise:..."
The Chinese version of projective geometry defined those three equations. They are in math symbols and easy to see. What translation needed?
"...This is not true for the real numbers as ∞ is not an actual number.
If my guess is correct you are trying to discuss X4 in terms of a type of number system called the hyperreal numbers. Hyperreal numbers have two major features not belonging to the real number system. First, they include ±∞ as actual numbers..."
"±∞" is a concept of open space. "∞" is a concept of closed space. See the attached picture. It's a hyperline (htam9876 used to call it "the extention line", Chinese English.).
"...The hyperreal and real numbers have some similarities but you need to have some care in using them: the topology of the hyperreals and reals are not the same."
The more you are pedant in math the harder you will learn X4 Theory. It's a physical theory focusing on matter states.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
"...Depending on your answers I'm going to tackle

I have to make an analogy here and refer to SR temporarily. What render 3D space contracted? It’s movement or in my own way, the increase of mass.

tomorrow."
It's far from talking this in this thread. It will render the board of this thread too messy. If that dragon must talk this, please turn to another thread: Balloon vs SR.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
please turn to another thread: Balloon vs SR.
What I am looking for is some kind of derivation based on the nature of X4. You have tried to use X4 but have not managed to say where is comes from and specifically how it is used.

For example, think of the Bohr model of the atom. There were several stumbling blocks in its use but Bohr was able to list them and start with those properties as "givens" and work out the theory from there. X4 seems to be fully formed in your work and you have provided no kind of methodology to work with it.

As a concrete example, does X4 have an effect on F = ma? From what you have written we get F = MA leading to \(\displaystyle \dfrac{F}{X4} = m \dfrac{a}{X4}\). How did you know to do this? What is the difference here between Newtonian Mechanics and X4?

And, no, we are not going to discuss this in another thread. As I've said I want you to work with me here so I can understand what X4 is and how it is used and why. I have reminded you of this already.

-Dan

Last edited:

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
The more you are pedant in math the harder you will learn X4 Theory. It's a physical theory focusing on matter states.
I am simply stating that you don't seem to be using the real number system in defining what X4 is. I'm trying to understand it in terms of the Mathematics you have provided. \(\displaystyle \infty\) is not a real number in the "usual" system. If you can't understand that then you need to hit the books again before you try to talk about it. I have yet to see the topic of hyperreals in Physics but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

You need Mathematics to understand the theory... Mathematics is one of the most important tools in Physics and what you are proposing is that we can just append \(\displaystyle \infty\) as a real number. But you can't. It's like trying to study the Quantum Mechanics of atoms by using the Bohr model. It's bound to fail.

-Dan

Addendum: If X4 is a physical theory focusing on matter states then why have you not started things out that way? Perhaps I'm at fault there for asking questions about the basics with no clear guides. I will be getting to your post on that in this thread soon.

Addendum II: From what you are saying X4 can explain just about anything: dark matter, (presumably) dark energy, and anti-matter. Be aware that if it is really going to be able to do this your equations and thinking are going to have to "scale" upward. These topics are unrelated to each other so it's going to get complicated. That's not a bias, it's simply what has to be in the end in order for things to make sense.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
genius

"...As a concrete example, does X4 have an effect on F = ma? From what you have written we get F = MA leading to..."
Rabbit htam9876 is just talking speed while Dandan has jumped ahead to acceleration...
So, this semi-tramp has to halt and again praise that dragon: genius...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.