Why do we assume the big bang created matter/antimatter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
What if pure energy doesn't create matter/antimatter pairs, but matter/matter-wave pairs? I'd say that would give a galaxy the extra mass dark matter is claiming to give. And we could say this is why matter waves have mass.
I want to call it matter's heavy shadow.

Reactions: topsquark

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
What would the difference between "matter/anti-matter pairs" and "matter/anti-matter wave pairs" be? Wave/particle duality says they are the same thing. How are you using the terms?

-Dan

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
I'm saying unobserved matter has mass. The duality is the pair. When something becomes observed, the ghost becomes one with the particle it "represents".
I'm not sure if it means everything is twice as heavy as it should be or not.

Maybe they are entangled to each other.

There is the other idea that the wave is not connected in any way and just gets dumped in a sea of matter waves.

Last edited:

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
Maybe I need some sleep but I'm still not sure.
I'm saying unobserved matter has mass.
Yes.

The duality is the pair.
The duality is the "paradox" that the wave and particle interpretations give the same results despite how different the two seem to act. Are you referring to "duality" as particle/anti-particle?

When something becomes observed, the ghost becomes one with the particle is "represents."
Oops! Something you may not know. A "ghost" field is one that can appear in one gauge but not in some others. They are tricky to handle properly. I'm not sure what you are saying by "ghost" in this context.

I'm guessing you are talking about whether the particle/anti-particle pair mass is tallied properly? I'm not sure why this would be a problem. For example, a photon has to have twice the mass energy of an electron to decay into an electron-positron pair. The mass should take care of itself via energy conservation.

Maybe they are entangled to each other.
If it's anything like the electron-positron production I mentioned above, then yes, definitely.

There is the other idea that the wave is not connected in any way and just gets dumped in a sea of matter waves.
What is the wave that isn't the matter wave?

-Dan

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
Let me start over:

What if pure energy doesn't create matter/antimatter pairs, but entangled matter/matter-wave pairs?
Duality is then literally two separate entities. When something becomes observed, the matter-wave becomes one with the particle it "represents".
I'd say that would give a galaxy the extra mass dark matter is claiming to give. And we could say this is why matter waves have mass.

There is the other idea that the matter wave partner is not connected in any way and just gets dumped in a sea of matter waves in the quantum realm (a fog of dark matter).

I think this has something to do with it.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
All current mass estimations are completely off.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
I guess this means we know what a black hole is now.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
What if Dark Matter is the most obvious answer of all ..it's matter that's been in an unobservable black hole?

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
I'm saying it's matter that prevents the information paradox ..or it was matter in a black hole so big it exploded (super early in time)

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
How about it's showing us we are in a higher dimensional black hole? Might explain why cosmic voids are expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.