wavicle: an old topic

Mar 2019
cosmos
beyond a math genius

"...Consider your example. Suppose we have the (Euclidean) vector ..."
This semi-tramp always say that that dragon is a math genius. This time, he seems demostrates his intelligence in physics. Another great progress.
"... but we can't say that in general about SR, which can involve the time component... "
Seems to talking the same thing in different angle of the 4D...of course, I understand it better in my own way **.
Again, this semi-tramp has to say "genius" to Dandan.

Attachments

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I have a request. Please stop refering to me as "a genius." It makes me rather uncomfortable.

-Dan

Mar 2019
cosmos
Wave only?

The first time I known about diffraction pattern of electron is in my old QM textbook. I don’t know if it’s outdated.
It tells: electrons emitted one by one, poop, poop, poop…passes through a slit…then, a tiny point appears in this place or that place randomly on the screen/film. Time long enough, the diffraction pattern of electron appears on the screen/film.
Conclusion: It is the presentation of wave character of electron.
This semi-tramp thinks that the randomly shooting is the behavior of wave character. But what’s tiny point on the screen/film? If it’s not a particle, what’s it?
So, in all around consideration, the conclusion should be: It’s the presentation of wavicle character of electron.
"...All results in QM are applicable to either wave or particle results."
Again this semi-tramp has to say that...
I am fair. that's all.

Attachments

Last edited:

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
The first time I known about diffraction pattern of electron is in my old QM textbook. I don’t know if it’s outdated.
It tells: electrons emitted one by one, poop, poop, poop…passes through a split…then, a tiny point appears in this place or that place randomly on the screen/film. Time long enough, the diffraction pattern of electron appears on the screen/film.
The resulting pattern on the screen can be a bit more complicated than you are suggesting. If we put a detector on the slits to tell us which slit the electron goes through then we get two points on the far screen, indicating that the electrons are particles. But if we don't detect which slit the electron goes through then the dots on the far screen, after a period of time, give us a wave pattern.

This makes absolutely no sense in the macroscopic world and is characteristic of QM "wavicles."

-Dan

Mar 2019
cosmos
slit vs slits

In the textbook, it's "slit", not "slits".
I got to know the so called experiment of "slits" on web two years ago. And I thought about it for quite a while at that year. I felt it's somewhat cryptic and then I decided to put it aside.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
what's it

This semi-tramp heard a funny term "whatever the hell it is" in another thread.
I don't know if it has something to do with this thread.
Hereby I illustrate something more clearly and make it more understandable: wave and particle are all inherent states of wavicle / or say uncertainty and certainty are all inherent states of wavicle. Physical model of the "eccentric" hole can explain it very explicitly. Traditional "probability wave" is a method of description for the behaviour induced by the inherence of uncertainty. It's not so convenient to talk more here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
closed

This semi-tramp has just completed "4D space wave functions (2)" yesterday. To find a unified principle for gravity and electric force is basically feasible. But I decide not to post it here because I am "tired". So, this thread actually can be closed hereby.

Attachments

Last edited: