Wave Particle Interpretation

Mar 2019
cosmos
@benit:
"...QM complicates everything..."
No, the issue of quantum itself is very complicated.
Yes, the worst thing might be that some people used QM to artificially complicate the most basic and simplest things, e.g., the 3D space...
Some people seem to like to do things that way. The most outstanding example might be some of my former classmates of middle schools. The most basic and simplest issue (survival) of a citizen (this tramp in cosmos) has been complicated by them to such extreme degree of man dead...

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
"There are a lot of things in physics that have the same name as "every-day" things
but are in actuallity very different.
Even terms like particle and wave (which we might feel we know)
have a very different interpretation in QM than they do at the beach"
@ Woody:
A very bad thing in mondern physics might be that some people try to use QM to explain everything. But unfortunately, this tramp in cosmos heard someone said that "we need more information to understand QM"...
I read the appraisal below in a QM article:
"During a period of time in the past, people emphasize on the wave characteristic too much while ignore the particle characteristic..."
What the guy mean might be that we might not yet know what "... they do at the beach" very much...
I feel people always regard the concept of "particle" as a salted fish at the beach.

Jun 2016
England
I was thinking of a grain of sand as my particle on the beach (and obviously the sea gives us the waves)
but your salted fish probably has as much similarity to a QM "particle" as my grain of sand.;)

Reactions: benit13
Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:
Not my salted fish. It's some people's. Of course, salted fish is the same meaning as sand in beach philosophy.
But what you said in a previous post is:
"Even terms like particle and wave (which we might feel we know)
have a very different interpretation in QM than they do at the beach."
Seems that you originally thought that QM is a bit different from the sand and sea wave...

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ woody:
Salted fish is something dead. What I mean is some people view the "particle" (characteristic) with dead eye sight.

Mar 2019
cosmos
拖他江门黑恶势力钟永康集团及新会一中九一四班上来全世界打打靶先啦,物理慢慢说,take a mid-way rest...

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:

In the rabbit hole model, the concept of “particle characteristic” (I suggest put aside photon) is not something rigidly independent such as salted fish / sand. It’s just one state of the “wavicle”, or say it’s just one aspect of the “wavicle” such as the head of a coin, or say it’s just the projection / shadow of the “wavicle” in 3D space.

I remember that you talked about the story of the lizard and fly. Below I just use them to make a vivid analogy.

No matter the fly is in the position of 1m, 2m, or 3m…above the 2D plane, there is always a shadow on the 2D plane. That’s something certain on the 2D plane and what the lizard can see. But actually, the fly is something more complicated than its shadow.

(Man – Ghost Philosophy: there is a Chinese saying “man is himself and ghost is himself too”.)

Reactions: Woody
Jun 2016
England
Are you familiar with Plato's analogy of people in a cave
trying to work out what is happening outside the cave
when all they can see are shadows cast on the wall of the cave by the activities outside?