Turning Algebra Inwards

Jun 2016
England
It seems to me that you are identifying certain interlinks and patterns that exist in mathematics.
There are obviously many alternative ways to describe numbers using these alternative routes through these mathematical interlinks.
Bertrand Russell made a similar link to describe numbers via set theory.
My personal view is that mathematics is a codification of the ways in which physical things can be arranged, and their mutual interactions described.
(i.e. Nominalist)
Kurt Gödel proved the "incompleteness" of mathematics as exemplified by the phrase "This statement is unprovable"
However I would argue that the statement is actually meaningless, since it cannot be applied to any "real" situation,
it is just an arrangement of words that does not relate to anything "real"
I believe (but can't prove) that a similar argument could be leveled at any of the incompleteness examples.
We can perhaps divide mathematics into maths that codifies "reality" and maths that doesn't
Maths that doesn't codify reality might be interesting in an abstract way, but is not otherwise useful.

Being indivisible, the primes will (fairly clearly) have a natural relationship to the formation of the nuclei of chemical elements
(in particular how they may be formed from the combinations of some elements, but not from combinations of others).

Oct 2017
Glasgow
Being indivisible, the primes will (fairly clearly) have a natural relationship to the formation of the nuclei of chemical elements
(in particular how they may be formed from the combinations of some elements, but not from combinations of others).
Yes. Just so the OP is aware, the main property of interest here is "discrete", and another word for a discrete amount (or 'chunk') of something is "quantum"... ;)

Reactions: topsquark
Nov 2019
toronto
I didn't mean to make you go through all of that, so thank you.

However I don't see how the elements really have anything to do with it. You could have just as easily labeled them as A, B, C,...

I'll let the Mathematicians weigh in on the existence of numbers.

But, like I said, the prime number thing is interesting.

-Dan
Hi Top Squak I have a Question, I wrote the Prime Sequence Series Because I am a Savant. I want to Publish it But I live below the poverty level and I was wondering if you or a math professor you know whould like to co write a paper on it.

My history is I was a Prodigy in Grade 2 I wanted a table that showed all the Multiplication Division tables using simple iteration of 1 + 1 +1 etc...I attached it, it doesn't exist anywhere I can find as well as the Prime Sequence Series, No one can find the 1 Plus Table anywhere, it shows all the multiplication and if you go backwards the Division table. Can You Help me or any one else? bbbbbb.png

Attachments

Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
Interesting arithmetic system. Although some terms are not correct.

For example, there is another PI calculus in Process Algebra.

For some reason, I can't see most of the pictures and all the videos in many communication posts here and other websites.

But I saw your personal site.

I think in terms of the methods in this, they need to be better understood.

Dark side

In other countries and regions,

It is easy to treat independent researchers as vagrants of heresy and social edge.

But for the time being, think of suffering as a motivation for you to succeed.

So a job to cover yourself may be necessary.

It can be called reverse complete incentive. There is no lack of such cases in history.

In order to survive, we may have to solve more and more difficult problems.

Jun 2016
England
Hi Ashesmi,
The typical image of Savants is an ability to see, and appreciate, patterns.
Mathematics is (in my view) entirely about codifying patterns.
Physics is also about identifying and codifying the patterns we observe in the universe.
Which is why Mathematics is the ideal language for codifying Physics.

Reactions: ashesmi