Tramp and Electron

Mar 2019
cosmos
"What I've seen of X4 is that it illuminates nothing but obscures the structure that is there. (And in QM we don't need more complexities!)"
I really don't know what that dragon talking

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
math vs physics

"Okay, I pretty much understand what you are talking about when you say "projections." It's pretty standard in Linear Algebra and stuff."
What render space scale in projective geometry? Human/math?
Einstein got the physical meaning for affine geometry. It's the existence of mass.
This semi-tramp got the physical meaning for projective geometry. It's the matter states.
That dragon loves in playing standard math game.
haha............

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
"Okay, I pretty much understand what you are talking about when you say "projections." It's pretty standard in Linear Algebra and stuff."
What render space scale in projective geometry? Human/math?
Einstein got the physical meaning for affine geometry. It's the existence of mass.
This semi-tramp got the physical meaning for projective geometry. It's the matter states.
That dragon loves in playing standard math game.
haha............
Actually Einstein got more than what happens to mass in a gravitational field, but it also includes massless particles as well. Note that even photons obey the Einstein field equations. It would seem that you are still relying on \(\displaystyle E = mc^2\), That's pretty common. This is really what Einstein came up with:
\(\displaystyle E^2 = (pc)^2 + (mc^2)^2\)

For m = 0 we get E = pc. If p = 0 we get \(\displaystyle E = mc^2\).

I don't know what you mean by "space scale."

And I am beginning to suspect that we aren't talking about the same thing when you say projective geometry.

-Dan

Mar 2019
cosmos
0 = 0

m = p = E = 0 also obeys that dragon's equation too.

Mar 2019
cosmos
0 = 0

I used to hear some people said that photon is massless while has momentum. I was confused and surprising. I didn’t know why they said that.
Recently, I got their idea. It’s based on the equation below:
E² = p²C² + (m0C²)²
They assume m0 = 0 (photon is massless), then E = pC, or p = E/C (photon has momentum)
And according to Quantum, p = h/λ, then E = hC/λ = hγ
People can detect the energy of photon, so they can calculate the momentum of photon p.
It seems nice. But I think it carefully and found that it’s only a tricky mathematical game. My analysis is below:
Because the component p²C²and the component (m0C²)²are in equal position. If people can assume m0 = 0 while p ≠ 0, they can also assume p = 0 while m0 ≠ 0. That will be fair.
But a photon can not be both m0 = 0 and m0 ≠ 0 (or be both p ≠ 0 and p = 0 ), so the solution is m0 = 0, p = 0. It will be fair.
Then the equation E² = p²C² + (m0C²)² is actually talking 0 = 0. Or say, the frequency of the “photon” is zero (the wavelength is infinite). It does not exist.

Mar 2019
cosmos
projective geometry

"...And I am beginning to suspect that we aren't talking about the same thing when you say projective geometry."
Absolute misconcept. There is only one projective geometry created by human. What different is the organization of contents or details shown are different in different books published.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
"...And I am beginning to suspect that we aren't talking about the same thing when you say projective geometry."
Absolute misconcept. There is only one projective geometry created by human. What different is the organization of contents or details shown are different in different books published.
See here for more information.

-Dan

Addendum: I'm not trying to bury you in jargon, nor am I trying to embarass you in any way. I'm just trying to say that there is a lot more going on than what X4 can handle.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
Try to uncover what's the full physical meaning of the 4th dimension. then, go ahead in history.

Mar 2019
cosmos
math vs physics

neila9876 @ rabbit htam9876:
This semi-tramp come here to tell you a good news: that dragon said again in the Lounge that he likes bunny...

Rabbit htam9876 @ neila9876:
Be careful. It's fishy. I told you a bad news: that dragon posted a link here, but it doesn't work. He said "...there is a lot more going on than what X4 can handle."
I ask you a question: can affine geometry handle everything? such as QM?

neila9876 @ rabbit htam9876:
I can give you the best answer: I don't know.

Attachments