Time Itself Is Three Dimensional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2017
Glasgow
I am currently in emotional turmoil.
Please see a psychiatrist or a counsellor. I used to see a counsellor when I was much younger and it was rather helpful in getting me through some dark(er) times.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
Peronsally I feel that geodon is a good medication.

-Dan

Dec 2019
Canada
Question?

Why is it so hard to believe that time exists outside of Space-Time?

Question?

What happens at the intersection of 3d time? Zero as it were.

Instantaneous XOR - "To be, or not to be?"..."But what?"..."What ya got?"..."Infinity"..."Well let's go with the one that works then."

But hey...It's your reality after all.

Apr 2015
Somerset, England
Question?

Why is it so hard to believe that time exists outside of Space-Time?
A little research would tell you that the idea of a different number of space and /or time dimensions occurred to physicists almost immediately after Minkowski published his idea of spacetime as four dimensions (=3 + 1) in 1907.

Eddington discussed (mathematically) several such as (2 + 2) in his book "The Mathematical Theory of Relativity" in 1923 and refers also to previous work by Weyl.

I am pretty sure that I have read further speculations published by others over the intervening decades.

Reactions: topsquark
Jun 2016
England
There are physicists who are exploring the possibility of causal processes that might occur outside the standard 4D spacetime.
For example certain interpretations of (for example) string-theory indicate the possibility of a variety of different "universes" being possible (at different levels of probability),
and that the creation of one universe might influence the probability of the creation of "neighboring" universes.
However all such ideas are hugely speculative, and it is very difficult (perhaps even impossible) to find any actual evidence to support (or refute) such ideas.
Being untestable, these ideas start to move out of Physics (and into metaphysics).

Dec 2019
Canada
I cannot prove it, but it can be proven, or disproven if you prefer.
All I have to do is to look into Katy Perry's eyes.
Nothing happens...

Or...

Eternal happily-ever-after, with the odd "stubbed toe", here and there.

Oh, and yes...I am talking about a universe where you can have whatever you want, just by wanting it. As long as it fits within the parameters of true justness.

Oh, and cosmic consciousness...

Who else is out there?
What can they share?
What can we share with each other when we're all pulling together?
What could life on Earth be like if we all cared?

"Pipe-dream", "Keep taking the pills.", "Get some professional help."...

Put me out of my misery, let me look into Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson's eyes, jic.

Apr 2015
Somerset, England
I cannot prove it, but it can be proven, or disproven if you prefer.
All I have to do is to look into Katy Perry's eyes.
Nothing happens...

Or...

Eternal happily-ever-after, with the odd "stubbed toe", here and there.

Oh, and yes...I am talking about a universe where you can have whatever you want, just by wanting it. As long as it fits within the parameters of true justness.

Oh, and cosmic consciousness...

Who else is out there?
What can they share?
What can we share with each other when we're all pulling together?
What could life on Earth be like if we all cared?

"Pipe-dream", "Keep taking the pills.", "Get some professional help."...

Put me out of my misery, let me look into Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson's eyes, jic.

Have we given Physics up since I was last here ?

Dec 2019
Canada
It's physics, you just didn't bother to read it.
Take the time to think about what happens at (0,0,0) when time has stopped "ticking".
Everything is buttoned down, and instantaneous.
Only "flow" remains.

In this case, eternal, true happiness.

Or in the "Big Bang's" case..."Well, we'll get back to you, but that's still physics. Just sayin'.".

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
It's physics, you just didn't bother to read it.
No, this is nothing like Physics. This is Philosophy. If you honestly think you are talking about Physics then you need to review the Scientific Method.

So, if you wish to continue this as Physics then I think you've had a good enough start for now. To make the cross-over from Philosophy to actual Physics then come up with an experiment (or a series of such) that will make your connection.

Otherwise this thread is done.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.