The relation of colour charge to electric charge

Aug 2013
The relation of colour charge to electric charge

Dirac has shown how the Klein-Gordon equation can be factored into two linear parts using 4x4 Dirac gamma matrices.
[Dirac, P.A.M., The Principles of Quantum Mechanics, 4th edition (Oxford University Press) ISBN 0-19-852011-5]

(E/c)^2 - P^2 - Q^2 - R^2 - (mc)^2 I = (sE/c + rJP + gKQ + bLR + mcM)(sE/c - rJP - gKQ - bLR - mcM)

where r,g,b and s equal +1 or -1.

For leptons r,g,b all equal -1 and for quarks two of r,g,b are equal to +1 and the third equals -1.
The signs are all negated for anti-particles as in the equation above.

When s = +1, count the number of plus signs (say) for r,g,b which is 0 for leptons and 2 for quarks.

When s = -1, count the number of minus signs (say) for r,g,b which is 3 for leptons and 1 for quarks.

For material particles r,g,b all equal -1 which is always true for leptons and true for three distinct quarks
with r,g,b equal to -1 separately or a quark and an appropriate anti-quark.

A charged particle moving in an electromagnetic field will have E, P, Q, R modified to E, P, Q, R by
the scalar and vector potentials of the field where E, P, Q, R do not commute with each other. Let JKL = N, then:

(sE/c + rJP + gKQ + bLR + mcM)(sE/c - rJP - gKQ - bLR - mcM)

= (E/c)^2 - P^2 - Q^2 - R^2 - (mc)^2 I - s[ rJ(EP - PE) + gK(EQ - QE) + bL(ER - RE) ] / c - gbKL(QR - RQ) - brLJ(RP - PR) - rgJK(PQ - QP)

= (E/c)^2 - P^2 - Q^2 - R^2 - (mc)^2 I - s[ rJ(EP - PE) + gK(EQ - QE) + bL(ER - RE) ] / c + N[ rJ(QR - RQ) + gK(RP - PR) + bL(PQ - QP) ]

www.vixra.org/abs/1309.0033

Last edited:
Oct 2017
Glasgow
Leptons don't have a colour charge. They don't interact via the strong interaction. Next...

Reactions: topsquark