Star Wars Episode 7

Mar 2019
cosmos
This tramp in cosmos saw the scene in the movie Star Wars Episode 7: when the spaceships resort to the function of "move faster than light", they poop...disappear in cosmos immediately. What happens? Of course it's just movie.
Next is analysis in logic.
We know that something we can see is not able to move faster than light; so, if something is able to move faster than light, we can't see it. Is this correct in logic? Thanks.

Attachments

Jun 2016
England
The light reflected off an object that is moving rapidly away from the observer will be red shifted.
As the object approaches the speed of light, the red shift will approach infinite, such that all the reflected wavelengths will approach infinity, and frequencies will approach zero.
The object will go redder and redder, moving into the infra-red, then microwave, then radio wave, etc, until it eventually goes completely dark.

However to exceed the speed of light, "something else" is required...
Star Wars fans might correct me, but I think the star wars faster than light mechanism uses "hyperspace".

This is really entirely fictitious, however the idea is that the spaceship moves out of normal 4D spacetime
into a 5D hyperspace which allows a shortcut around 4D spacetime.

It is this jump out of normal 4D spacetime (into 5D hyperspace) which makes the spaceship disappear.

Reactions: donglebox
Mar 2019
cosmos
This is a very simple logical question. My answer is very simple too:
Yes.

Mar 2019
cosmos
@Woody:
How to calculate 5D in math/geometry?
The "function of moving faster than light" actually can be calculated in authentic geometry (4DPG). It's very simple and explicit. Details see relevant posts in the thread "tramp and electron",etc. And it should be a function of the spaceship itself. (e.g. some kind of fighter jet has the function of taking off vertically. )
Vivid analogy:
Han Solo has to change his state, for example to be a dog. Then he has four legs and twice ability of motion. But I feel it's not so feasible in technology to change Han Solo to be a dog. haha...
By the way, in the OP, "...something is able to move faster than light... " does not mean "...something must move faster than light..."

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:
Such fighter jet as F35 has something substantial in itself first, then it can find a “short cut” on the earth to take off in advantage.
他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团全宇宙打靶啦

Jun 2016
England
A lizard sees a fly on the ground, and thinks of dinner.
The fly sees the lizard and takes off.
The lizard sees the fly disappear (into the 3rd dimension).

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:
Not vivid analogy, because they are all in 3D space.
I would rather say that F16 fighter jet can not find a short cut as F35 to take off.