Reciprocal Theory

Feb 2009
I'm not sure where this discussion needs to be posted. I'd like to discuss the Reciprocal System of Theory by Dewey Larson with physics-minded people.

Please see The Collected Works at The Reciprocal System to determine where it should go.

Thanks.

Feb 2009
[FONT=&quot]Thanks Arbolis,

The best place to begin this discussion is by explaining what The Reciprocal System of Theory is. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dewey Bernard Larson[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (November 1, 1898; McCanna, North Dakota - May 25, 1990; Portland, Oregon) was an American engineer and the originator of the Reciprocal System of Physical Theory (or Reciprocal System for short), a comprehensive theoretical framework, or Theory of Everything, claimed to be capable of explaining all physical phenomena from subatomic particles to galactic clusters. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In this general physical theory space and time are simply the two reciprocal aspects of the sole constituent of the universe – motion. Unique aspects of the theory are that both matter and energy are represented mathematically as greater than or less than unity (t/s or s/t), and three dimensions of time, reciprocals of the three dimensions of space. All physical phenomena are reduced to space-time terms.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With that said, first, I turn your attention to the basic relationship.

v=d/t or (motion equals distance divided by time)...basic so far right?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moving on…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We all understand that length (or distance) is measured in meters and time is measured in seconds. So v=d/t can be rewritten with standard units m/s (meters per second). In fact, all SI units actually reduce to these “Space-Time” (ST) units. For reasons that will be explained MUCH later, mass (Kg) is expressed as s3/m3 in ST units.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For instance, let’s take the Joule ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]m2·kg·s-2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]as the basic unit for Energy. Substituting Kg with s3/m3, we arrive at (m2(s3/m3))/s2, which reduces to s/m. Right off the bat, we find that Motion (m/s) is the reciprocal of Energy (s/m).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now we turn our attention to the Newton (Kg-m-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]s-2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) as the basic unit of force. Substituting Kg as above we arrive at Force being expressed as (s/m2) the reciprocal of Acceleration (m/s2).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With this little intro, we find that Mass (s3/m3) times Acceleration (m/s2) equals Force (s/m2). It turns out that every physics equation works the same way. You may ask why this is important. Well because ST units allow you to see the interactions of these motions (yes, velocity, energy, acceleration, mass, and force are ALL motions) with one standard set of units. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For example:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Momentum = Mass times Velocity (s3/m3 times m/s equals s2/m2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Energy = Mass times “Velocity of Light” squared (s3/m3 times m2/s2 equals s/m)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OK that’s it for now. I just want to point out that BOTH Inertia and Gravity are also motions. It is interesting to see how they interact with others.[/FONT]