Raining, an ordinary topic

Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
Although the results of calculation show that it is not feasible,
we can check the trash can separately.
One day, when I couldn't go home in the heavy rain,
I found some large non-sticky advertising paper in the trash can .
It was smooth enough to withstand the rain for a period of time.
Use the sticky adhesive paper ,So glued it until Become a raincoat

Folding a suspect's paper bag and tearing two holes in the eye area,
Under the wayside attention
I started to running in the rain, although still wearing all my clothes,
I had to admit that I wanted to do this for a long time.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
ability of penetration

"...Although the results of calculation show that it is not feasible,
we can check the trash can separately.
One day, when I couldn't go home in the heavy rain,
I found some large non-sticky advertising paper in the trash can .
It was smooth enough to withstand the rain for a period of time.
Use the sticky adhesive paper ,So glued it until Become a raincoat

Folding a suspect's paper bag and tearing two holes in the eye area,
Under the wayside attention
I started to running in the rain, although still wearing all my clothes,
I had to admit that I wanted to do this for a long time. "
I don't think this kind of post is relevant to the emphasis of this thread. Sorry.
The ultimate purpose of this thread is to research the ability of penetration of neutrino.
Thanks to bunny's post as well as the attached article of Physics Deparment of Leicester University. I am quite confident that the fast moving speed of neutrino contributes a bit to the strong ability of penetration of neutrino although that's not all.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
theory vs experiment

That dragon talks photon,..., neutrino,..., as well as "rabbit hole" in another thread...
This semi-tramp hereby shows how deep the "rabbit hole" might go...
The ability of penetration of photon is far less than that of neutrino...It's well known experimental fact...

Attachments

Jun 2016
England
As an analogy;
the photon says hello to every atom it passes by,
to see if it has an electron it can interact with.
the neutrino ignores the atoms completely,
unless it hits the nucleus head on.

Also are you familiar with the story of "Alice in Wonderland"?
This is where the phrase "down the rabbit hole" comes from.
It is such a well known story in England and America, we tend to assume everyone knows it.

Mar 2019
cosmos
"As an analogy;
the photon says hello to every atom it passes by,
to see if it has an electron it can interact with.
the neutrino ignores the atoms completely,
unless it hits the nucleus head on."
@Woody:
Do you mean that a dragon's mouth is much bigger than that of a rabbit?

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
damn, I‘m screwed up.
When I say trash can, I'm not mapping the word tramp.
In fact, I used to be an e-waste lover. There is a kind of people who are keen to go to the electronic disassembly field to find various electronic components as part of the research activities. From there I met RF microwave engineers, analog circuit engineers, and even policemen with the same hobbies. I can tell you that there are even relatively new models of equipment in the disassembly yard, which can find expensive high-speed acquisition cards, link terminals, solid-state drives, memory modules.
Those people throw everything away.

Mar 2019
cosmos
Ability of penetration of neutrino

"damn, I‘m screwed up.
When I say trash can, I'm not mapping the word tramp.
In fact, I used to be an e-waste lover. There is a kind of people who are keen to go to the electronic disassembly field to find various electronic components as part of the research activities. From there I met RF microwave engineers, analog circuit engineers, and even policemen with the same hobbies. I can tell you that there are even relatively new models of equipment in the disassembly yard, which can find expensive high-speed acquisition cards, link terminals, solid-state drives, memory modules.
Those people throw everything away. "
I don't think this kind of comment is relevant to the emphasis of this thread. Sorry again.
What i care is if Woody talking a photon is able to meet more atoms/electrons while neutrino not.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
supplementary experiment

I think I have to make some supplementary materials here although it seems not so relevant.
Neutrino does not discard everything. Details see Woody's thread of black hole image in the Lounge. Below is abstract from there.
Topsquark's comment: "..For example, let's say that an electron neutrino slams into an oxygen nucleus. A neutron will absorb the neutrino and turn into a proton and an electron, which leaves the nucleus and is detected by a scintillation counter. The emitted electron moves fast (to the point of being faster than the speed of light in water) and thus gives out Cherenkov radiation, which is what is detected.." and also "Only a charged particle can give off Cherenkov radiation. Think of it this way.... A charged particle (in this case an electron) interacts via electromagnetic radiation. The neutrino, being neutral, does not. So only the charged particle can give off light."
Neila9876's comment:"Perhaps start the analysis from an ordinary example, it will be understood better.
When a plane flys faster than sound, it generates Cherenkov effect: the shock wave. Here the object (plane) and the media (air) interact through "air pressure" directly. And the shock wave is also presentation of variation of "air pressure".
When a neutrino moves in the water, it does not interact with the media directly (gravity ignored). So, no Cherenkov effect happens.
When a high energy electron moves in the water, the object (electron) and the media (charged water) interact through "electric field" directly. So, the Cherenkov effect can happen and it should be the presentation of variation of "electric field", that's electromagnetic wave (light). "

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2019
cosmos
Some relevant stuffs about photon can be found in the thread "What's the secret behind v<c" and the thread "Wavicle, an old topic". They can help explain why the penetration ability of photon is so bad. Guys who are willing to understand, they will understand.
In respect of the extreme strong penetration ability of neutrino, I have to dig the rabbit hole a bit deeper. So actually this thread halt here.:p

Attachments

Similar Physics Discussions Physics Forum Date
Physics Discussions