pulley system with equal force (limited space)

Mar 2016
Hi
Aplogies for what may seem a simple query, I have recently suffered a stroke and have built a simple pulley system with 8kg weight ether end to move objects back and forth over a distance of 10 meters
I need to be able to move the items from one end to the other and back again from point A but I have vertical drop limit of 300 mm at either end, at present this would need a vertical drop of of 10 meters either end any ideas of how I could shorten the vertical movement either end to 300mm or less but still have the 10 meters of horizontal travel would be appreciated. image attached

Attachments

ChipB

PHF Helper
Jun 2010
Morristown, NJ USA
What is the purpose of the 8 Kg weights? Seems to me you could build a simple clothes-line to move things from A to B and back again. How heavy is the item you are trying to transport from A to B?

Attachments

Mar 2016
Hi Thanks,
As it is a little project to make the task easier for me I am working on I tried the amish style line wheel, but ideally would like to only have one line going across instead of 2 it would need to hold between 8 kg and 10 kg but is important that line doesn't drop in the middle and is free to move back and forth easily hence the weights either end, I did look at gears and cogs to try and reduce the vertical drop distance but gave up as I only have use of my right hand.