Please help solve

Jan 2020
Poland
Hi all, I don't understand physics but I need a bit of help solving these equation. I'm sure it's a piece of cake to those who understand :) Thank you!

1. A penguin starting from rest slides down a hill with uniform acceleration. It travels 10m in first 5s. When will the penguin have the velocity of 12m/s?
2. The refraction index of the water n=1.33. The incident ray is falling on the glass surface at the angle a=60°. What is the angle of the refracted beam?
3a & 3b (Please see attached picture)

Attachments

Oct 2017
Glasgow
Hi MC17! Have you had a go at these problems yet or are you not sure where to start? We're not in the habit of doing other people's homework for them, but we will help you if you can give us some idea of what you find difficult about these problems.

Reactions: topsquark
Jan 2020
Poland
Hi MC17! Have you had a go at these problems yet or are you not sure where to start? We're not in the habit of doing other people's homework for them, but we will help you if you can give us some idea of what you find difficult about these problems.
Hi benit13! I've tried doing number 1 - I got 17.9 as the answer, and number 2 - I got 40.6 -> 41° as the answer.
I don't know where to start 3a & 3b, and I'm not sure if the above answers are correct either (I don't know if I calculated the problems correctly, but from what I understood, that's what I got). I'd like to know if I got them right, or am on the right track, or any other help would be appreciated :)

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
Hi benit13! I've tried doing number 1 - I got 17.9 as the answer, and number 2 - I got 40.6 -> 41° as the answer.
I don't know where to start 3a & 3b, and I'm not sure if the above answers are correct either (I don't know if I calculated the problems correctly, but from what I understood, that's what I got). I'd like to know if I got them right, or am on the right track, or any other help would be appreciated :)
The numbers don't matter. What we need you to do is tell us how you got them. That's where we can start helping you.

-Dan