Physics Depth Study Advanced Mechanics

Oct 2019
Hi, I just got my first year 12 assignment which is a depth study of advanced mechanics. I had one idea of investigating the motion of rockets and satellites. I could even do something with circular motion or projectile motion, taking air resistance into consideration. I just don't what to do or how to start. I wanna try to do something unique and creative that's challenging but not too insane. Please take into consideration that I have to conduct the experiment within 2 hours and use equipment that's widely available and not too expensive Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could do? Please tell me something that's doable, the actual investigation I can make on my own. Thanks! :)

I can do an investigation on anything related to the following topics.
Projectile motion
2.2 The trajectory of a projectile
2.3 Investigating projectile motion
2.4 Modelling projectile motion

Circular motion
3.1 Uniform circular motion
3.2 Applications of the uniform circular motion model
3.3 Energy and work in uniform circular motion
3.4 Rotation and torque

Motion in gravitational fields
4.1 The gravitational force and the gravitational field
4.2 The orbits of planets and satellites
4.3 Kepler’s laws
4.4 Energy in gravitational fields

Jun 2016
England
These are my immediate thoughts on looking at the topics on offer.

The projectile motion perhaps lends itself best to experimental investigation,
The motion in gravitational fields perhaps lends itself best to theoretical investigation
with the circular motion falling somewhere in between.

Oct 2019
These are my immediate thoughts on looking at the topics on offer.

The projectile motion perhaps lends itself best to experimental investigation,
The motion in gravitational fields perhaps lends itself best to theoretical investigation
with the circular motion falling somewhere in between.
I actually had a another idea, investigating conical pendulums. I don't know what I wanna do with that. Maybe conical pendulums on different conical shapes??

Jun 2016
England
Lasso Twirling

One thing I note with a conical pendulum is that there seem to be two ways of driving the pendulum.

1) spin the support point
2) move the support point in a circle (or ellipse?)

It also occurs to me that a lasso might be viewed as a type of conical pendulum.
The theory and practice of twirling a lasso might be a fun project.

Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
Mr. woody made a good suggestion.

My other suggestions

Your spaceship is going to crash. It's on fire. Many sensors are broken.

A magnet is added to the two rotating shafts of the double pendulum, and then the sensor is used to collect the global magnetic field change information, trying to obtain the swing direction information through only one sensor.

Maybe it's hard, but first, you can experiment with multiple sensors, and then try fewer.