perturbation lines for 1s hydrogen electron

Apr 2016
Does anyone know theory about how the perturbation lines are for 1s hydrogen electron? By perturbation I mean the perturbation that is caused by moving an electron so that the E-field lines it emits becomes dragged.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
Can you give a better description of the electric field lines "dragging?" The only thing I can think of would be for a relativistic electron moving on its own, not in a 1s orbital. But this effect is Classical, not Quantum. The full Quantum version of the electron in hydrogen does not actually move in any physical way so I can't think of how to write a perturbation of the wavefunction. (It does in the Bohr model, though. Are you talking about this?)

-Dsn

Apr 2016
by perturbation I mean for example dragging a charge as described below
1584822512946.png

Above is classical theory I assume. I am looking for a classical theory about this or quantum. If there is no perturbation in quantum theory I guess I could ask how does the E and B field lines emitted from an electron from a quantum adressing look like as the electron is moving with its speed 2200 km/s in the 1s orbital compared to how the B and E field look like for a non moving electron from a quantum perspective? You dont have to answer directly if you dont want to as I am also looking for theory about this.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
Got it. I probably can't answer this tonight, but I'll definitely get to it tomorrow.

-Dan

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
I'm sorry but I have to admit defeat. I can see that there should be some kind of correction but I can't find an energy method that will lead me to the perturbation.

If you do find out how to do it, please feel free to post it here. I'm curious to see how this will work out.

-Dan

Apr 2016
this was what happened on another forum:)