Momento Linear

Jul 2008
Moment linear

An object is located, by a radar, the vector position given by r = (3500 - 160t)i + 2700j + 300k, where r is given in meters and in seconds. The x-axis of the radar station is oriented east, y-axis the north and z-axis vertically up. If the object is a missile of 250 kg, determine: (a) your moment linear and (b) the direction of its movement

Answer:
(a) 4x10^4 Kg . m/s, west
(b) west

Last edited:

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
An object is located, by a radar, the vector position given by r = (3500 - 160t)i + 2700j + 300k, where r is given in meters and in seconds. The x-axis of the radar station is oriented east, y-axis the north and z-axis vertically up. If the object is a missile of 250 kg, determine: (a) your moment linear and (b) the direction of its movement

Answer:
(a) 4x10^4 Kg . m/s, west
(b) west
You are pretty much stuck with Calculus for the first part. The momentum of any object is p = mv, where v = dr/dt. In this case v = -160 i. Thus the linear momentum is going to be -40000 i.

-Dan

Jul 2008
Thank you very much. I like the calculation, only that my professor of physics does not teach how to resolve these issues by calculating differential. I think it would be better for calculation, you have a brief tutorial explaining?