Macrostates and Microstates Relation.

Feb 2017
Hi Everybody. I apologize for posting non relevant topics. Would try to stick to physics.

Now in my earlier post I had mentioned about higgs boson. Pmb said that measurement is when macrostates interact with microstates and leave a record. But what if the system is isolated? Does that mean that in an isolated system the microstates dont interact with macrostaes? If so then would the position of higgs boson not be measured by the higgs bump. Also when we measure the higgs bump do we know the position of the higgs particle? When we know the position of the higgs particle has microstate interacted with macrostate?

Apr 2015
Somerset, England
Hi Everybody. I apologize for posting non relevant topics. Would try to stick to physics.

Now in my earlier post I had mentioned about higgs boson. Pmb said that measurement is when macrostates interact with microstates and leave a record. But what if the system is isolated? Does that mean that in an isolated system the microstates dont interact with macrostaes? If so then would the position of higgs boson not be measured by the higgs bump. Also when we measure the higgs bump do we know the position of the higgs particle? When we know the position of the higgs particle has microstate interacted with macrostate?
'measurement' includes calculation, even in a thought experiment.

Similar Physics Discussions Physics Forum Date
Advanced Thermodynamics