Machines

werehk

PHF Hall of Fame
Apr 2008
HK
Besides using electrical energy , mechanical energy and heat energy, is there other sorts of energy that enables a machine to work?

( Please be noted that i do not mean those renewable energy sources as they are eventually converted into electrical energy when driving a machine)

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
Besides using electrical energy , mechanical energy and heat energy, is there other sorts of energy that enables a machine to work?

( Please be noted that i do not mean those renewable energy sources as they are eventually converted into electrical energy when driving a machine)
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. There are as many sources that can be used to power a machine as there are kinds of potential energy: chemical PE, nuclear PE, etc. But any machine will take this and convert it to physical motion, kinetic energy, so that doesn't appear to be anything new to your list if I am reading your question correctly.

As far as sources that can be used to power a machine they would be kinetic (pedaling a bicycle for example), heat, light, chemical, electrical, and nuclear to name the biggest ones.

-Dan

Reactions: werehk