In the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
A realm of quantum field void was already here. Pure Energy and Magnetism created Dark Matter tunnels/filaments, then observation traveled through all the tunnels but doesn't observe all the Dark Matter as it passes through. The Dark Matter that is observed eventually forms galaxies.

http://capturedlightning.com/photos/Magnetic_Tests/Result.jpg

The CMB is the farthest/oldest, and therefore Blurriest photo ever. It is showing us plasma filaments finalize as the cosmic web.

The Universe isn't expanding, Cosmic voids do. Spacetime doesn't expand but does bend for gravity. Dark Matter bends spacetime but it isn't observed ..it doesn't have a physical state.

The circumference of the universe enlarges as observation continues to run through the Dark Matter filaments. As it continues, void is distributed throughout all existing voids. Because these voids are of nothingness, they do not effect the momentum of spacetime regions. Light can travel through voids because it is the quantum field.

Einstein hated quantum theory because it doesn't use spacetime until observed.

There is no point in pretending Dark Energy is a thing anymore.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
A series of comments without any proof and a link to a book that doesn't seem to work.

So, how about a few more details to whet our interest? Pick a topic and we can talk about it.

(I happen to know that the Einstein comment is incorrect. As Einstein famously said "God does not play dice with the Universe." He objected to the probablistic nature of QM. And QM does use space-time... even virtual particles have to travel through space-time and this is used in the calculations.)

-Dan

Jun 2016
England
There are certainly (quite major) unknowns in the areas you mention in your post.
I would not be surprised if it requires a fairly significant change of our current view of how the universe operates to allow us to fill those gaps.
But, for me, your post does not seem to offer any answers, or even clear pointers toward new angles from which to consider these unknowns.
However, I generally enjoy seeing other peoples ideas on these subjects and would be happy for you to try to prove me wrong.

Reactions: cosmicweb
Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
Einstein couldn't answer the theory of everything because he refused to believe anything could be without spacetime. ..just like you.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
Einstein couldn't answer the theory of everything because he refused to believe anything could be without spacetime. ..just like you.
Einstein couldn't answer the theory of everything because he didn't know the details about the weak and strong nuclear forces. Get your History straight.

So let's talk about space-time. I presume you are refering to my comment about virtual particles so let's start there.

Let's say we have two electrons and a photon is exchanged between them. The electrons exist at points in space-time. How can a particle (virtual or otherwise) travel across a span connecting two space-time points without crossing that span?

-Dan

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
Why can't it cross the span? The quantum field is a perfectly capable medium for light.

Reactions: topsquark

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
Why can't it cross the span? The quantum field is a perfectly capable medium for light.
It can and does. My point is that the line the photon travels in has to connect two points in space-time. The only way to do that is to travel a path in space-time, which is what you seem to be trying to avoid.

-Dan

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
There is a rule that says two spacetime regions can't talk to each other over a void? If so, it's obviously wrong. The quantum field is in the spacetime regions as well.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
If you are requesting what the boundary is, I'd go with a physical state.

Last edited:

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
There is a rule that says two spacetime regions can't talk to each other over a void? If so, it's obviously wrong. The quantum field is in the spacetime regions as well.
Well, you see that's the issue. There is no such a thing as a "void" where space-time does not exist. If it isn't space-time then it's not a part of the Universe. The quantum fields can be evaluated at any space-time point... they have no meaning if there is no space-time. It's like trying to evaluate the (real) function \(\displaystyle y = \sqrt{9 - x^2}\) at a point not in the domain. The function is only defined on the interval [-3, 3]. It makes no sense to talk about it at x = 5.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.