Have we witnessed an object pass through an area known to be Dark Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2017
Glasgow
I find it very interesting that galaxies have Dark Matter halos. It's as if the volume of later forming galaxies were protected from Antimatter of the Big Bang.
No antimatter persisted after baryogenesis, at least in any amount that can be observed from spectra.

I think Dark Matter is either Antimatter or a substance of what is left after something defends Matter.
No one knows what dark matter actually is. It might not even be matter; it might be a modified form of gravity at large scales. We are all welcome to speculate as much as we want about it!

Your idea isn't crazy. In fact, the idea of dark matter having some component of antimatter is not a new idea.

There's loads of papers on dark matter and you can have a career trying to figure anything out about it. It's still under considerable investigation.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
The big bang didn't see any matter/antimatter annihilation in modern-day galaxy volumes. They coexist. Dark Matter is Antimatter and the reason for quantum fluctuations.

If there was any annihilation it would be what we see today as voids.

You guys never ask yourself what the requirements/conditions are for matter/antimatter annihilation.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
It answers why there is more matter than antimatter ..the answer is, there isn't more matter. Antimatter is right there with it.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
If you're not impressed right now, nothing will.

Oct 2017
Glasgow
If you're not impressed right now, nothing will.
Haha!

Get published and then maybe I'll be impressed. Be sure to reference these guys:

Reactions: topsquark

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
cosmicweb: Categorical statements without proof are useless in an experimentally driven system of study. Please learn this.

benet13's post pretty much nails it.

Thread closed.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.