Have we witnessed an object pass through an area known to be Dark Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
If not, ..why not, isn't dark matter supposed to be the dominant matter of the universe?

I think Dark Matter is Antimatter that survived the big bang, that's what these explosions were:

Jun 2016
England
Dark matter has only been surmised due to observed gravitational effects.
The velocity of stars orbiting galaxies has been observed to be too fast to be explained by just the gravity of the "normal" matter seen in the galaxy.
The gravitational lensing of background galaxies has similarly been observed to be too large to be explained by the "normal" matter in the foreground galaxies causing the lensing.
Using gravitational lensing, it has been deduced that dark matter clumps together in much the same way and in essentially the same places as "normal" matter.
The effects attributed to dark matter have only been observed close to "normal" matter, they have not been observed in the space between galaxies.

While the flashes described in the linked article were noticed in data that was primarily gathered as part of a dark matter investigation.
The article clearly indicates that they were incidental to the primary search and are not thought to be due to dark matter.

Without more information any proposal regarding either dark matter or the bright flashes is just imaginative guess work.
However, one must always try to ensure that these guesses are at least feasible, and that they can explain all observations.
It is no good if they explain one particular set of observations, but would totally impossible according to another set of observations.

Last edited:
Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
I find it very interesting that galaxies have Dark Matter halos. It's as if the volume of later forming galaxies were protected from Antimatter of the Big Bang. I think Dark Matter is either Antimatter or a substance of what is left after something defends Matter.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
We know areas that have dark matter are immune to cosmic expansion. I'll upset the admin, but I think what we are seeing is the aftermath of a Matter/Antimatter battle ..and a volume that would display quantum fluctuations, because it is spacetime.

Mar 2019
cosmos
One might guess/speculate something in comos this or that way. This tramp in cosmos always suggest if one idea can have universalism/applicable in all around aspects of physics. No more and more models. No more and more "?" added to the night sky.

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
umm, yeah, the night time is the right time.

Mar 2019
cosmos
"umm, yeah, the night time is the right time."
Are you talking it's time to drink beer? Or something else?haha....

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
Just goofing around because I think you called me a tramp.

Mar 2019
cosmos
"Just goofing around because I think you called me a tramp."
No. I don't think you should be that, while I am. I always say that cosmos can be passion, fashion, and inflation, while physics must be step by step.

Attachments

Nov 2019
Pittsburgh
The big bang didn't see any matter/antimatter annihilation. They coexist. Dark Matter is Antimatter and the reason for quantum fluctuations.

Status
Not open for further replies.