Excuse me answer please??

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
there's something I don't understand.the man doesn't believe in God.no big bang, he says.he says there are no multiverse.how is this happening?isn't that contradictory?
I know where you are coming from, but please drop the religion thing. It just causes problems.

The BB theory is attractive to many religions because it implies some kind of intervention to start the whole thing. But this is not a definitive argument as Hawking demonstrated when he claimed that there didn't have to be a specific moment of creation nor a specific cause for it to have happened.

The multiverse is an entirely different topic. It is possible to have a multiverse existing before our own Universe came about.

-Dan

Jan 2020
izmit
I know where you are coming from, but please drop the religion thing. It just causes problems.

The BB theory is attractive to many religions because it implies some kind of intervention to start the whole thing. But this is not a definitive argument as Hawking demonstrated when he claimed that there didn't have to be a specific moment of creation nor a specific cause for it to have happened.

The multiverse is an entirely different topic. It is possible to have a multiverse existing before our own Universe came about.

-Dan
I asked too many questions.excuse me.it's interesting that he doesn't believe in the Big Bang and God.he doesn't believe in multiverse.I don't believe what he says.There must be a reason why the universe came into being.Thanks :)

Jan 2020
izmit

-Dan
?

Jan 2020
izmit
What's your question?

-Dan
I asked too many questions.excuse me.it'seresting that he doesn't believe in the Big Bang and God.he doesn't believe in multiverse.I don't believe what he says.There must be a reason why the universe came into being.Thanks :)

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I asked too many questions.excuse me.it'seresting that he doesn't believe in the Big Bang and God.he doesn't believe in multiverse.I don't believe what he says.There must be a reason why the universe came into being.Thanks :)
You simply reposted. I'm not sure what you are trying to ask at this point. Are you still looking for a specific reason why the Universe exists? That's already been answered by more than one person. There are some ideas kicking around but we really don't know.

-Dan

Jun 2016
England
You are trying to get us to agree that the presence of the universe proves the existence of God.
But we believe that there are purely secular reasons for the presence of the universe.
We just don't know what they are (yet).

Reactions: topsquark
Jun 2016
England
If it is not impossible then
in a realm of infinite chances
it will happen.

(This is another of those multiverse arguments)