Eight minutes, an ordinary topic

Mar 2019
cosmos
Thank you dragon. I failed to access that site.
In fact, I almost can't read physics now. I think my health and mental situation will never restore. The terrible and absolute suppression of the local dark force(江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团/九一四牛顿定律)shorten my life at least ten plus years...

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
astronomical observation

This semi-tramp heard Woody said:
"However, if I alter your scenario a bit:
Consider a small asteroid orbiting the Sun
The Sun burps out a huge mass ejection, at an angle to the orbit of the asteroid,
The change in the distribution of mass will alter the orbit of the asteroid.
However the orbit of the asteroid will not start to change until the "information" about the change in the distribution of mass reaches it."
Did any astronomical observation prove this?

Attachments

Jun 2016
England
Not as far as I am aware...
The problem is one of scale.
Compared to the mass of the Sun any change in the mass of the system would have to be unfeasibly huge to generate a measurable change in the orbits.

In general the gravitational effect is so (relatively) tiny and the speed of light so huge
that trying to create (or find astronomically) a situation where the effect of the speed of light on a gravitational system is measurable, is difficult.

Benit did mention something about galaxy dynamics,
perhaps we can prevail upon him to elucidate?

Mar 2019
cosmos
"...Benit did mention something about galaxy dynamics,
perhaps we can prevail upon him to elucidate? "
@woody:
No bad. Always.
But observations the best.

Attachments

Oct 2017
Glasgow
Benit did mention something about galaxy dynamics,
perhaps we can prevail upon him to elucidate?
I would have to dig up some of my old University lecture notes and textbooks, but I could perhaps put some info here. The problem is that I'm really busy at the moment with work, so unless you're interested in wastewater treatment plant models, I can't really help at the moment :O

Mar 2019
cosmos
@woody:
You can seek such alternative but similar case as "blast of star" in which mass changs obviously...

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
@woody:
Perhaps the case of "merger of stars" will show more obvious effect...

Mar 2019
cosmos
theory vs observation

It's so disappointed that Woody not yet deliver effective report of astronomical observation.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
Integral thing

This semi-tramp read an essay in Scientific American a few months ago. It tells "more and more people believe that cosmos is an integral thing..."

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
Because gravity is "interaction", no matter the "jet" emitted by the Sun or the Earth, it should be equivalent situation in logic?