Dark Matter Exploration of Chinese satellite DAMPE

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:
Monkey is similiar to man, dog is similiar to monkey, rabbit is similiar to dog...It's natural philosophy obvious to see.
But in this era of history, we are viewing cosmos from our own angle and talking about cosmos in our own language, rather than viewing cosmos from the angle of cosmos itself and talking about cosmos in the language of cosmos itself.

Jun 2016
England
This is unavoidable.
This is why (in other threads) I have sometimes suggested that we will never reach a complete understanding.
We are limited beings with a limited capacity understanding.
I often think it is amazing that we understand as much as we do!
(or as much as we think we do).

Mar 2019
cosmos
@ Woody:
I am amazing that you seems to understand much more about cosmos than Newton...

Attachments

Oct 2017
Glasgow
But in this era of history, we are viewing cosmos from our own angle and talking about cosmos in our own language, rather than viewing cosmos from the angle of cosmos itself and talking about cosmos in the language of cosmos itself.
I don't agree... if we consider mathematics to be the "language of the cosmos", then physics is the encyclopedia written in that language that describes the natural world. (Adopting Erdos' mannerisms) "The book" is never going to be complete, but it is constantly growing!

Mar 2019
cosmos
"... "The book" is never going to be complete, but it is constantly growing!"
Yes, benit. This tramp in cosmos hopes that some day we can see physics is written in that kind of math / geometry which can be the "language of the cosmos".

Attachments