Dark Matter Exploration of Chinese satellite DAMPE

Mar 2019
cosmos
I ever think that if someone trys to consider that the "peak" on the DAMPE chart is also a "turn", it is not appropriate, because it is so sharp. I am puzzled that why such a sharp signal does not appear in the Fermi chart.
The comments about the "peak" in some reports are in general terms and a bit vague, even different.
Seems I remember that one comment said that the "peak" demonstrates that there is a strong source of radiation in space not so far away, for example, a star blast might emit large quantity of higher energy electrons. If it is that case, the "peak" can not serve the evidence of "dark" matter.
So, I am more interested in the "turns".

Mar 2019
cosmos
I try to analyze the "peak" on the DAMPE chart a bit more detailed. Actually it can be considered as the superposition of two parts: the nornal situation (red) and the special/ or say occasional situation (black).
Machine can not identify them individually. It detected the sum.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
Analysis of the turns (this semi-tramp's humble opinion):
The turns demonstrate that some kind of electrons similar but different to the ordinary electrons exist in cosmos. They at least have better ability of motion than the ordinary electrons. At certain degrees of the higher energy section, this advantage will display (emerge).
Vivid analogy:
Dogs have higher ability of motion than men because they have four legs. At certain degree, e.g. 10m/s, their advantage will display (emerge). More dogs run at this speed. That's the first turn. The second turn is because of something shown in the attached picture. And so on.
他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团全世界打靶啰

Attachments

Jun 2016
England
The only way we have to investigate the highest energy physics is to observe the natural high energy events happening in the cosmos.
They are difficult to observe, being so far away, but they are producing lots of useful insights and even more enticing questions.

I have found a couple of papers and articles on DAMPE, the details were way over my head, but the conclusions seemed to be that the indications were intriguing, but not yet entirely compelling.
Physicists tend to be a bit cautious, there have been too many cases of over excited announcements, that failed to live up to their initial promise,
So I think they are all watching with eager interest, but are unwilling to really commit themselves until the evidence is absolutely and totally 100% (or at least 99.999%) irrefutable.
At the moment they seem to only count it as highly (perhaps 70 to 80%) suggestive.

I also managed to find the attached image which shows a wider energy range.

Attachments

Mar 2019
cosmos
"...the conclusions seemed to be that the indications were intriguing, but not yet entirely compelling."
@ Woody:
I don't how can the "authentic hole" make what conclusion...
But I do really admire those scientists who thought of and dare to resort to this way (detecting high energy electrons from cosmos) to research dark matter. that's elite awareness.

Jun 2016
England
All experiments that rely on statistical analysis require large amounts of data to provide statistical certainty.
The generally accepted point of statistical certainty is "3 sigma", which works out at about 99.99% certainty,
or just a 0.01% chance of the data being caused by something other than the proposed reason.

One of the articles I looked at described some (rather advanced) statistical techniques that they were planning to apply
to try to get the maximum possible certainty out of the available data.
But in the end the only more data will really tell.
Although the primary 3 year mission is now over, hopefully the the mission will be extended and Wukong will continue to collect data for a long time to come.
I have been trying to find evidence describing such an extension to the 3 years, but all the articles I have found have only described the 3 year mission.

Mar 2019
cosmos
@Woody:
I got no new red chart on the local web either.
..................................................................................
Actually, I care not only DAMPE (Wukong), but also AMS02 and Fermi, and their comparision.
No matter the turn/turns on the charts is/are explicit or inexplicit, more or less, these three satellites from America and China have the same target and they did their job, I think.
.....................................................................................
This semi-tramp now Going, Going, Gone to Shapu village (顺德均安沙浦村) where actually is the origin of the rabbit hole to take a look.
Poop...

Attachments