Dark energy

Apr 2019
I can not prove it and Im to willing and wanting to believe but the only thing that Makes any sense is the Universe is infinite but No one In science can say that because we can only see the house and to explain the universe as the house is radicalise. so we will never KNOW. Im horrible at remembering Dates and names. My brain seems wired to see and understand things in Other ways. The only thing that makes sense is the Universe is Infinite. Gravity is DARK energy.

Mater is pooling Just as we see around us. Here is the Kicker IF (IF) (IF IF ) The Universe is Infinite then No matter What scale you look at it and Measure. The distribution of each area will be slightly different in mass.

I have a Mental Model

Right now there is a speed up in expansion as the Knots in the large scale structure Collapse With an infinite Universe.

When they finish there should be a slow down in expansion but that will be short lived. The matter distribution of the Infinite Universe is not perfect and the Polling begins again and so does the expansion increase.

Lather rinse Repeat

That's Dark energy But the Universe Must be infinite And Guess what we can only see inside the house so GO FIG but its really the only thing that makes sense. Logically.

I know it can not be proven but it is Possible. Is it not.

Figured I would Make a visit and just ask Politely if this ONE part of what I wrote Before was Remotely POSSIBLE

While most scientists still seem to believe that dark energy remains on solid ground, no one yet has any firm idea what it actually is.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I can not prove it and Im to willing and wanting to believe but the only thing that Makes any sense is the Universe is infinite but No one In science can say that because we can only see the house and to explain the universe as the house is radicalise. so we will never KNOW. Im horrible at remembering Dates and names. My brain seems wired to see and understand things in Other ways. The only thing that makes sense is the Universe is Infinite. Gravity is DARK energy.
Actually the answer is "probably not." At the moment many consider dark energy to come from a modification of GR, but it is not gravity as we know it... gravity attracts and dark energy expands.

-Dan

Apr 2019
If We model an infinite web or structure such as the large scale structure of the Universe in which we see Knots and filaments and let gravity pool the knots and BEND space. Compress it in the knots and stretch it in between the Knots then Place ourselves in some random place somewhere between those Knots the visual experience Should be the Universe Is expanding and something (some kind of energy) is Pulling it apart. Should it Not.

Thanks Dan, By what you quoted I should Have Been more specific, Not Gravity itself but a by-product of its effect on space time. If that's even right.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I think I see where you are going with this but I can't get a clear enough picture to apply it.

And I owe you an apology as well... I once read somewhere that inflation can be modeled in GR by doing something to the cosmological constant. So expansion can take place in gravity (though the actual inflation is a result of a Quantum Mechanical effect, which is essentially a phase change.)

-Dan

Apr 2019
Thanks again Dan, I'm going to leave it here. I simply wanted to post the thought I have to a place where there are Many smart minds that know how stuff works and can Describe it, I have issues describing things I see and Put it to Math, LOL.

You see where Im going and that's all I want others to think about even if for a second.

The hope is that some one who reads this May Know how to apply it and Who knows.

We can't see past the house so we will never really truly know anyway. Its simply a model That makes sense IF the Universe is Infinite. It should give the visual we see in the House.

Best regards.

Apr 2019
Ill throw this story with what I have. It Appears To show or say that what I suggest is not possible. I emphasise appears. It suggests the larger clusters will never merge but also says the smaller will. The needed stretching is still there. All the parts still collapse on themselves even if in 100 smaller cores. They still stretch all the space in-between them.
Local pooling due to gravity in an infinite universe should look like the whole universe is expanding. Except locally.

Lance