Common Equations - Mechanics and Thermodynamics

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
This list of equations, while meant to be extensive to the introductory level, is certainly not meant to be exhaustive. Vectors are listed in bold text, scalars are listed as ordinary text. (Scroll the pointer over the pages and it will tell you which thumbnail is associated with which set of equations.)

And please if you note any errors please let me know and I will correct it.

-Dan

Attachments

Last edited:
Apr 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm assuming you did it intentionally, but is there a reason you left out all of the basic Electricity and Magnetism formulas?

I could be wrong, but I would certainly consider that to be Introductory Level Physics.

Edit...On second thought, I just remembered my University recently upgraded their Blackboard system, so I lost access to my last semester courses unfortunately, so I don't have access to that sheet anymore.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
I'm assuming you did it intentionally, but is there a reason you left out all of the basic Electricity and Magnetism formulas?

I could be wrong, but I would certainly consider that to be Introductory Level Physics.

Edit...On second thought, I just remembered my University recently upgraded their Blackboard system, so I lost access to my last semester courses unfortunately, so I don't have access to that sheet anymore.
I simply haven't gotten to that equation sheet yet. I hope to get to all the major branches of Physics, at least those that a student is likely to have run into by the second year of college, fairly soon.

-Dan

May 2008
Thanks ever so much Topsquark! These are going to be incredibly useful to me!