Cant post in Latex

physicsquest

PHF Helper
Feb 2009
When i try to post in Latex, it comes back with error and "cant write to directory" . What am i doing wrong?

Reactions: SammyS

arbolis

PHF Hall of Fame
Apr 2008
It seems a big problem, I can't even see latex images from old posts. I've talked to Euler about this problem, let's wait a bit for further information.

Aug 2009
UK

Can't say i have had a problem, (Rofl)

arbolis

PHF Hall of Fame
Apr 2008
I don't know what's going on. I hope the problem will be gone soon. As for now if you want to see the latex code of the non-appearing latex images, just click on the "quote" button as if you were to reply the thread and you'll see the latex code that you can't see otherwise.

Pmb

PHF Hall of Fame
Apr 2009
Boston's North Shore
I don't know what's going on. I hope the problem will be gone soon. As for now if you want to see the latex code of the non-appearing latex images, just click on the "quote" button as if you were to reply the thread and you'll see the latex code that you can't see otherwise.
I too am having the same problem.

First a question. In some forums you're supposed to write "tex" and "/tex" in brackets which surround the equation. In other forums you use "math" and "/math". Which do we use here. Do both work?

Let me try it out. I'm going to write the greek symbol "mu"

"math" - \(\displaystyle \mu\)
"tex" - \(\displaystyle \mu\)

Seems that neither works

arbolis

PHF Hall of Fame
Apr 2008
I too am having the same problem.

First a question. In some forums you're supposed to write "tex" and "/tex" in brackets which surround the equation. In other forums you use "math" and "/math". Which do we use here. Do both work?

Let me try it out. I'm going to write the greek symbol "mu"

"math" - \(\displaystyle \mu\)
"tex" - \(\displaystyle \mu\)

Seems that neither works
Hey Pete,
Indeed, some forums need the \(\displaystyle tag. Here we use \(\displaystyle [\math] and this is the only one working. I mean, normally working.

I've talked to Euler a few days ago about the problem, and the only thing we can do as of now is to wait. I'm a person that use Latex in almost all his posts so be sure I didn't forget about the problem. (Everyone has the same problem by the way)\)\)

Reactions: Euler