Can waveguides in speaker enclosures create bulk air flow and help with cooling?

Dec 2019
Edinburgh, UK
Please forgive me if I've missed something obvious but I've looked around for papers on this and can't find anything. I'm hoping it's because I'm using the wrong words and not because it's an absurd idea.
Anyway, my question is can sound waves in a speaker enclosure be used to create bulk airflow for cooling purposes? I'm building a powered speaker with a small computer in it and wondered whether I can use the sound generated to help cool the electronics, thus avoiding using a noisy fan.
Growing up near a beach on the Pacific Ocean got me educated in rips - dangerous currents produced by waves hitting the beach at an angle. Can we create something similar in a speaker enclosure?

Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
You can try to drive magnetic fluid. It should meet the needs of driving sound and cooling. You actually have the idea of an inventor. I wish you success

Jun 2016
England
The magnitude of air movements in sound waves is usually very small
Also sound waves oscillate the air molecules back and forth around a fixed spot
so they would only move the heat back and forth, rather than transmitting it over a distance.

Reactions: donglebox
Dec 2019
Edinburgh, UK
Sep 2019
CN GX WZ
Yes, Rip Currents is a must know knowledge, which can avoid danger.

How to use sound wave to realize refrigeration.
In modern engineering, there are some knowledge of using quantization control vector. It needs to analyze the target process first.
I don't know much about it, but maybe I can refer to the ultrasonic speakers. Its principle is to use a large number of ultrasonic waves to generate analog waveforms.

In my opinion, the use of magnetic fluid is still a good solution to achieve this goal. It can meet the two goals of sound generation and refrigeration, and with the combination of vector control can obtain more advanced characteristics.

Last edited: