Build up magnetic charge on skin?

Mar 2019
cosmos
我老猪不喜欢就全世界踢死他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康, 又怎么样?想困死我老猪。。。I like Dan.

Last edited:
Oct 2017
Glasgow
My overarching goal is to be able to pull on skin without using suction or affixing anything to the skin.
How about ultrasound? They already use it in lithotripsy to break up kidney stones. Ultrasound has already been demonstrated to be able to translate very small objects in 3D space without requiring any connections to the object, so I think a careful application of ultrasound could, at least in principle, be used to exert a force without suction or invasion.

It would be very difficult to get a consistent force, however, because it requires a detailed knowledge of the density variations in the sample (a patient's tissue in this case) and the ultrasound signal will have to be time-varying. A very complex situation indeed!

Mar 2019
cosmos
benit13 is good benit13....comment from this semi-tramp...

Mar 2019
cosmos
@icydash:
I think that Faraday could help you...
A coil in the vertical direction, input AC; a permenant magnet in the horizontal direction..put you arm at the cross point...paint a bit water on the skin...

Attachments

Apr 2017
Here's an idea .... make up your own special conductive tattoo ink by adding carbon or silver dust to normal ink , then you can tattoo spirals or whatever on your skin in a way that would create a good path for the current to create the strongest field ...

You could even embed small leds into your skin that could be powered by the tattoo lines , they would light when you come close to an AC field ...

I doubt in practice it would work, unless the ink could be made really conductive ...

There maybe a way to embed in the skin , ultra fine gold or platinum wires so that the body does not reject them

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2019
How about ultrasound? They already use it in lithotripsy to break up kidney stones. Ultrasound has already been demonstrated to be able to translate very small objects in 3D space without requiring any connections to the object, so I think a careful application of ultrasound could, at least in principle, be used to exert a force without suction or invasion.

It would be very difficult to get a consistent force, however, because it requires a detailed knowledge of the density variations in the sample (a patient's tissue in this case) and the ultrasound signal will have to be time-varying. A very complex situation indeed!
This is an interesting idea. I could see ultrasound being useful for "pushing" an item directionally away from the ultrasonic transducer, but i'm not sure how you would create a suction or "pulling force" using ultrasound.

@icydash:
I think that Faraday could help you...
A coil in the vertical direction, input AC; a permenant magnet in the horizontal direction..put you arm at the cross point...paint a bit water on the skin...
This is also an interesting idea, but I'm not quite clear on the spatial arrangement of the coil, magnet, and arm. Would my arm be through the interior of the coil, with the magnet outside the coil?

Here's an idea .... make up your own special conductive tattoo ink by adding carbon or silver dust to normal ink , then you can tattoo spirals or whatever on your skin in a way that would create a good path for the current to create the strongest field ...

You could even embed small leds into your skin that could be powered by the tattoo lines , they would light when you come close to an AC field ...

I doubt in practice it would work, unless the ink could be made really conductive ...

There maybe a way to embed in the skin , ultra fine gold or platinum wires so that the body does not reject them
This would probably work, but unfortunately I can't embed anything in the patient's skin :(

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
@icydash:
What's through the coil is of course an iron core, not your arm. The spatial arrangement is the coil, the magnet and your arm constructing a xyz rectangular coordinate system.
Or you can consider the simplest method below:
Paint a bit honey on your arm and show it before your dog...

Jun 2019
@icydash:
What's through the coil is of course an iron core, not your arm. The spatial arrangement is the coil, the magnet and your arm constructing a xyz rectangular coordinate system.
Or you can consider the simplest method below:
Paint a bit honey on your arm and show it before your dog...
Ah thanks. And you think if I pass enough current through the wire it would attract my skin? How much current would you need for something like that?

Haha I like that alternative option - that's a win for me and my dog!

Last edited:
Mar 2019
cosmos
@icydash:
In respect of specific design, you have to invite a qualified engineer such as Oz93666 to do that. This semi - tramp used to be a fourth rate technician, but it has been deprived by the local dark force (地方黑恶势力)...
A double win for you and your dog? I hope so. You will not get rid off its teeth first?