Black hole formula

Jul 2013
1) Second dimension (x,y) f(x)=y
Energy E=m*c^2
2) Third dimension (x,y,z) reality x=y=z

Black hole formula
Root(c^2)=c=Root(E/m)

As mass go the velocity of light, mass become black hole so there are energy as multiply by mass.

topsquark

Forum Staff
Apr 2008
On the dance floor, baby!
1) Second dimension (x,y) f(x)=y
Energy E=m*c^2
2) Third dimension (x,y,z) reality x=y=z

Black hole formula
Root(c^2)=c=Root(E/m)

As mass go the velocity of light, mass become black hole so there are energy as multiply by mass.
As I mentioned in your other post we usually consider the mass to be constant (the rest mass) and momentum changes according to p = (gamma) mv.

I can't really explain why an object doesn't turn into a black hole in the limit of v -> c, but I can say this: A black hole will be a black hole in any reference frame. Using the reference frame of the object itself the object certainly isn't a black hole, so the effect you mentioned can't produce a black hole.

I invite further comments. I'm not completely satisfied by my explanation.

-Dan

MBW

Apr 2008
Bedford, England
It strikes me that there are certain similarities between the vicinity of a black hole and relativistic speeds, time dilation for example.

Also one of the arguments for anything with mass not being able to travel at the speed of light is the amount of energy required,
a consequence of this amount of energy (via E=mc2) would me a huge mass and thus I guess a black hole.
This makes this part and parcel of the prohibition against a masiv object reaching the speed of light.