A cheaper way to observe gravity waves with only electric cables?

Feb 2020
Sweden
Hi.

I have a suggestion.
If you know about electric and magnetic fields and frame of reference between the moving charges, that is explained in this video.
Then would it not be possible to measure differences in electric ( magnetic) fields, in long electrified wires, laying in an angle ?
The gravity wave would effect the difference in the electric ( magnetic) fields.

Can it be measured?

Regards MagI

Jun 2016
England
The problem is that the movement is so stupendously tiny
that the measurement has to be outrageously precise.

I am completely astounded that the engineers have managed to construct any device that can measure to the levels achieved in the gravity detectors.

Any signal induced in your long wires by gravity waves would be many orders lower than any level of detectability that we might even dream of achieving.
Also the noise levels in the electromagnetic world are huge (radio, electric motors, ….) and would completely swamp any other signal.

Feb 2020
Sweden
They are to be insider faradays cages so that only the gravity waves can interact with the charges along the cables and the length of the cables can be several miles.

Jun 2016
England
I would still suspect that the signal level would be way too small for detection.
I would hope that the scientists and engineers who set themselves the task of detecting gravity waves would have initially brainstormed as many ideas as they could imagine.
I could certainly believe that these initial options might well have included yours,
but that it would have had to have been rejected,
because it was found to be less likely to be achievable than the method they eventually tried.