Physics Help Forum

Physics Help Forum (http://physicshelpforum.com/physics-help-forum.php)
-   Philosophy of Physics (http://physicshelpforum.com/philosophy-physics/)
-   -   Unit to see from the bird's eye (http://physicshelpforum.com/philosophy-physics/14818-unit-see-birds-eye.html)

philipishin Aug 9th 2018 11:52 AM

Unit to see from the bird's eye
 
Bird is example as human to understand physics. When the bird size is longer from the same height, the bird's eye see that the distance is shorter as the bird's body is longer. It means unit as meter is changed when the bird's size is changed. When we increase the human size as relatively, the distance is shorter, so unit(meter) is longer than before.

benit13 Aug 10th 2018 04:40 AM

That's a horrible idea that can lead to many problems. For example, how would you compare two quantities together when the units are inconsistent between different views?

Woody Aug 10th 2018 06:21 AM

Many of the measurement units of the past were based on the human anatomy
(foot, inch, yard, ell,...)
These make sense when you are measuring human based quantities,
(for example a yard approximates to a pace for the "average" man)

In zoology, they may refer their measurements to an animals size,
(for example they may refer a birds weight to its wing-span)
but as Benit13 points out that does not make sense in Physics.

It would prove difficult to have a sensible physics discourse if everyone was using a different measurement system.
Physicists try to reference measurements to fundamental physical constants.

oz93666 Aug 10th 2018 07:19 PM

This is a thread from the twilight zone ....

I have no idea what the question/statement is in OP ...

Would anyone like to explain???

Perhaps start with the title which should give a summary of the whole post ....

Unit to see from the bird's eye

I realise english is not everybody's first language ... but really !!!

topsquark Aug 10th 2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz93666 (Post 41366)
This is a thread from the twilight zone ....

I have no idea what the question/statement is in OP ...

Would anyone like to explain???

Perhaps start with the title which should give a summary of the whole post ....

Unit to see from the bird's eye

I realise english is not everybody's first language ... but really !!!

He comes every now-and-again and does this. Hey, it can spark some good conversation even if no one quite understands what he is actually trying to say.

-Dan

htam9876 Aug 11th 2018 12:47 PM

philosophical
 
it seems to be a good philosophical bird...sometimes when looking at the nightsky, it seems easier to understand the cosmos with philosophical bird eyes and avoid some specific questions.

htam9876 Aug 13th 2018 06:59 AM

Dark Matter to see in the Philosophical Birdís Eyes
 
A tramp who was oppressed by local dark forces and out of life walked around and was tired. He lied down on the grassland and looked at the night sky and thinking: where can I goÖ... Just then, he saw two night flights coming closer and closer to each other just over him. He jumped up and ran away scaring the collision. Just after a second, he was aware that what a joke he had just made himself.
Those two night flights came across each other and went on in their own way. The tramp knew that the planes were flying at different values of the third dimension.
Extend this philosophical principle: if dark matter is in different value of the fourth dimension, it can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning). To the contrary, if dark matter can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning), itís in different value of the fourth dimension.
Look at SR, there is different coordinate systems. So, look at the cosmos, there should be different matter worlds and they must be dark, because if they are not dark, they are the same as us and cosmos will not be perfect.
Itís philosophy.

benit13 Aug 13th 2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htam9876 (Post 41372)
A tramp who was oppressed by local dark forces and out of life walked around and was tired. He lied down on the grassland and looked at the night sky and thinking: where can I goÖ... Just then, he saw two night flights coming closer and closer to each other just over him. He jumped up and ran away scaring the collision. Just after a second, he was aware that what a joke he had just made himself.
Those two night flights came across each other and went on in their own way. The tramp knew that the planes were flying at different values of the third dimension.
Extend this philosophical principle: if dark matter is in different value of the fourth dimension, it can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning). To the contrary, if dark matter can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning), itís in different value of the fourth dimension.
Look at SR, there is different coordinate systems. So, look at the cosmos, there should be different matter worlds and they must be dark, because if they are not dark, they are the same as us and cosmos will not be perfect.
Itís philosophy.

This has nothing to do with the OP's suggestion. I'm not a moderator, but you should probably start a new thread if you want to talk about something else.

htam9876 Aug 13th 2018 09:34 AM

tramp
 
Thanks for your concern, benit13. Tramp is just tramp, not trump...The tramp will go to another city for a few days to find where's the beatiful recall

Pmb Aug 14th 2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topsquark (Post 41367)
He comes every now-and-again and does this. Hey, it can spark some good conversation even if no one quite understands what he is actually trying to say.

-Dan

I'm one of the people who has zero idea of what he's asking. I can't understand what he's writing for the life of me. :(


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Copyright © 2016 Physics Help Forum. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Physics Help Forum. All rights reserved.