Go Back   Physics Help Forum > Physics Forums > Philosophy of Physics

Philosophy of Physics Philosophy of Physics Forum - Philosophical questions about our universe

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 57
Unit to see from the bird's eye

Bird is example as human to understand physics. When the bird size is longer from the same height, the bird's eye see that the distance is shorter as the bird's body is longer. It means unit as meter is changed when the bird's size is changed. When we increase the human size as relatively, the distance is shorter, so unit(meter) is longer than before.
philipishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th 2018, 03:40 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 234
That's a horrible idea that can lead to many problems. For example, how would you compare two quantities together when the units are inconsistent between different views?
benit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th 2018, 05:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: England
Posts: 618
Many of the measurement units of the past were based on the human anatomy
(foot, inch, yard, ell,...)
These make sense when you are measuring human based quantities,
(for example a yard approximates to a pace for the "average" man)

In zoology, they may refer their measurements to an animals size,
(for example they may refer a birds weight to its wing-span)
but as Benit13 points out that does not make sense in Physics.

It would prove difficult to have a sensible physics discourse if everyone was using a different measurement system.
Physicists try to reference measurements to fundamental physical constants.
__________________
~\o/~
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th 2018, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 392
This is a thread from the twilight zone ....

I have no idea what the question/statement is in OP ...

Would anyone like to explain???

Perhaps start with the title which should give a summary of the whole post ....

Unit to see from the bird's eye

I realise english is not everybody's first language ... but really !!!
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th 2018, 06:36 PM   #5
Forum Admin
 
topsquark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the dance floor, baby!
Posts: 2,454
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
This is a thread from the twilight zone ....

I have no idea what the question/statement is in OP ...

Would anyone like to explain???

Perhaps start with the title which should give a summary of the whole post ....

Unit to see from the bird's eye

I realise english is not everybody's first language ... but really !!!
He comes every now-and-again and does this. Hey, it can spark some good conversation even if no one quite understands what he is actually trying to say.

-Dan
__________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

See the forum rules here.
topsquark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th 2018, 11:47 AM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Xinhui Guangdong Province China
Posts: 118
philosophical

it seems to be a good philosophical bird...sometimes when looking at the nightsky, it seems easier to understand the cosmos with philosophical bird eyes and avoid some specific questions.
htam9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th 2018, 05:59 AM   #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Xinhui Guangdong Province China
Posts: 118
Dark Matter to see in the Philosophical Birdís Eyes

A tramp who was oppressed by local dark forces and out of life walked around and was tired. He lied down on the grassland and looked at the night sky and thinking: where can I goÖ... Just then, he saw two night flights coming closer and closer to each other just over him. He jumped up and ran away scaring the collision. Just after a second, he was aware that what a joke he had just made himself.
Those two night flights came across each other and went on in their own way. The tramp knew that the planes were flying at different values of the third dimension.
Extend this philosophical principle: if dark matter is in different value of the fourth dimension, it can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning). To the contrary, if dark matter can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning), itís in different value of the fourth dimension.
Look at SR, there is different coordinate systems. So, look at the cosmos, there should be different matter worlds and they must be dark, because if they are not dark, they are the same as us and cosmos will not be perfect.
Itís philosophy.
htam9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th 2018, 07:55 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 234
Originally Posted by htam9876 View Post
A tramp who was oppressed by local dark forces and out of life walked around and was tired. He lied down on the grassland and looked at the night sky and thinking: where can I goÖ... Just then, he saw two night flights coming closer and closer to each other just over him. He jumped up and ran away scaring the collision. Just after a second, he was aware that what a joke he had just made himself.
Those two night flights came across each other and went on in their own way. The tramp knew that the planes were flying at different values of the third dimension.
Extend this philosophical principle: if dark matter is in different value of the fourth dimension, it can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning). To the contrary, if dark matter can come across us without collision (here, come across and collision has special meaning), itís in different value of the fourth dimension.
Look at SR, there is different coordinate systems. So, look at the cosmos, there should be different matter worlds and they must be dark, because if they are not dark, they are the same as us and cosmos will not be perfect.
Itís philosophy.
This has nothing to do with the OP's suggestion. I'm not a moderator, but you should probably start a new thread if you want to talk about something else.
benit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th 2018, 08:34 AM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Xinhui Guangdong Province China
Posts: 118
tramp

Thanks for your concern, benit13. Tramp is just tramp, not trump...The tramp will go to another city for a few days to find where's the beatiful recall
htam9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th 2018, 06:09 PM   #10
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,568
Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
He comes every now-and-again and does this. Hey, it can spark some good conversation even if no one quite understands what he is actually trying to say.

-Dan
I'm one of the people who has zero idea of what he's asking. I can't understand what he's writing for the life of me.
topsquark likes this.
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Physics Help Forum > Physics Forums > Philosophy of Physics

Tags
bird, eye, unit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Physics Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bird dropping fish question HexyRexySmexy Energy and Work 5 Sep 14th 2014 05:30 AM
Bird feeder's force spartan301 Kinematics and Dynamics 6 Mar 27th 2011 05:15 PM
Bird-and-trains problem omirs Kinematics and Dynamics 2 Sep 26th 2010 06:13 PM
unit of μk chocolatelover Kinematics and Dynamics 2 Sep 23rd 2008 05:28 AM
Unit Conversions topsquark Physics Resources 0 Apr 11th 2008 08:31 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed