Go Back   Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Energy and Work

Energy and Work Energy and Work Physics Help Forum

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 17th 2018, 03:53 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 249
topsquark and Pmb like this.
benit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th 2018, 04:01 AM   #12
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,570
Originally Posted by benit13 View Post
I love it. Is it possible that is really a dirty song?
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th 2018, 04:07 AM   #13
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,570
Originally Posted by benit13 View Post
I love it. Is it possible that is really a dirty song? Nah. Too many coconuts. But it does remind me of "My ding a ling" by Chuck Berry.
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th 2018, 03:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
avito009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Much better start your own business , or do something you like. If you are smarter than the average guy , you will succeed and have a freer more affluent life .
That is a very big help. I think I should come up with a good idea. Then find a venture capitalist to fund me. I will explain why. This is because in order to come up with an initial public offering which is the primary market you need to provide the account statements of the last 3 years. Which means after the venture capitalist has funded me and i start the business and it is successful then I can go public and raise money through the stock exchange.

People are on the look out constantly for good talent and a good idea and they would invest in the idea. So if the idea is great. Then i can evaluate the internal rate of return to see if it is profitable. By comaparing 2 or 3 ideas and finding the IRR and then selecting the best option.

Is this route proper?
avito009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th 2018, 04:33 AM   #15
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,570
Originally Posted by avito009 View Post
That is a very big help. I think I should come up with a good idea. Then find a venture capitalist to fund me. I will explain why. This is because in order to come up with an initial public offering which is the primary market you need to provide the account statements of the last 3 years. Which means after the venture capitalist has funded me and i start the business and it is successful then I can go public and raise money through the stock exchange.

People are on the look out constantly for good talent and a good idea and they would invest in the idea. So if the idea is great. Then i can evaluate the internal rate of return to see if it is profitable. By comaparing 2 or 3 ideas and finding the IRR and then selecting the best option.

Is this route proper?
Being smart is insufficient to start your own business. You need a certain amount of luck, the type of personality required to deal with the particular types of people you'll be exposed to such as employees and clients, have the right idea in the right place at the rit time, be physically capable of the work you'll be doing, etc.

It's far from being as simple as is suggests. If it was them a great deal more people would be doing it.

For example: I've always had problems standing on my feet for too long. The pain it caused was intolerable and no doctor could determine why. I once worked at radio shack as a salesman. It soon became apparent that to be a good salesman I had to give the. Customer what they wanted but which would not do what they wanted. E.g. one customer came in looming for A microwave leak detector so he could measure the radiation coming from his tv screen. Such a concern is without any merit whatsoever and no leak detector can measure the radiation he wanted to measure. My boss made it clear to me to not argue with the customer, just sell him what he wanted. I hated doing that.
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th 2018, 10:02 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
avito009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 203
Brand of the radio.

Originally Posted by Pmb View Post
I once worked at radio shack as a salesman.
Which brand of radio sold more? In India we had the murphy radio which sold more. I guess this must be long back. Who buys radios now?

Did you have targets?
avito009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th 2018, 10:13 AM   #17
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,570
Originally Posted by avito009 View Post
Which brand of radio sold more? In India we had the murphy radio which sold more. I guess this must be long back. Who buys radios now?

Did you have targets?
Sorry, but that was over 35 years ago, i.e. "The old's days." Lol! I thought I'd never have a chance to make that joke.

Since i have trouble remembering what k had for breakfast I can't answer that.

Last edited by Pmb; Jan 18th 2018 at 10:16 AM.
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th 2018, 06:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Okay! Let's go back to the real point of this thread- "How do you use physics to make money selling coconuts on a beach?"

Use kinematics to determine the angle and speed at which you must throw a coconut to hit that rich guy on the head. After throwing it, rush over and steal his wallet while he is unconscious. Don't forget to retrieve the coconut.
HallsofIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th 2018, 06:11 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by Pmb View Post
I love it. Is it possible that is really a dirty song? Nah. Too many coconuts. But it does remind me of "My ding a ling" by Chuck Berry.
When properly viewed, anything is dirty!
HallsofIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Energy and Work

Tags
career, make



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Physics Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Path. avito009 Physics 1 Jan 12th 2018 10:25 AM
How big do I need to make the semi circle in mm please? JJLondon Kinematics and Dynamics 2 Dec 5th 2017 02:05 AM
Does this question make sense or not? tj19995 Kinematics and Dynamics 2 Oct 4th 2017 09:52 AM
How to make both linear and angular momentum zero methsy Kinematics and Dynamics 0 Jan 18th 2011 06:50 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed