Go Back   Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Electricity and Magnetism

Electricity and Magnetism Electricity and Magnetism Physics Help Forum

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 6th 2019, 05:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: cosmos
Posts: 307
Red face

我老猪不喜欢就全世界踢死他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康, 又怎么样?想困死我老猪。。。I like Dan.

Last edited by neila9876; Jun 7th 2019 at 01:58 AM.
neila9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th 2019, 05:49 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by icydash View Post
My overarching goal is to be able to pull on skin without using suction or affixing anything to the skin.
How about ultrasound? They already use it in lithotripsy to break up kidney stones. Ultrasound has already been demonstrated to be able to translate very small objects in 3D space without requiring any connections to the object, so I think a careful application of ultrasound could, at least in principle, be used to exert a force without suction or invasion.

It would be very difficult to get a consistent force, however, because it requires a detailed knowledge of the density variations in the sample (a patient's tissue in this case) and the ultrasound signal will have to be time-varying. A very complex situation indeed!
benit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th 2019, 06:08 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: cosmos
Posts: 307
Talking

benit13 is good benit13....comment from this semi-tramp...
neila9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 02:28 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: cosmos
Posts: 307
Red face

@icydash:
I think that Faraday could help you...
A coil in the vertical direction, input AC; a permenant magnet in the horizontal direction..put you arm at the cross point...paint a bit water on the skin...
Attached Thumbnails
Build up magnetic charge on skin?-22555.jpg  
neila9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 05:56 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 486
Here's an idea .... make up your own special conductive tattoo ink by adding carbon or silver dust to normal ink , then you can tattoo spirals or whatever on your skin in a way that would create a good path for the current to create the strongest field ...

You could even embed small leds into your skin that could be powered by the tattoo lines , they would light when you come close to an AC field ...

I doubt in practice it would work, unless the ink could be made really conductive ...

There maybe a way to embed in the skin , ultra fine gold or platinum wires so that the body does not reject them
topsquark likes this.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:20 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by benit13 View Post
How about ultrasound? They already use it in lithotripsy to break up kidney stones. Ultrasound has already been demonstrated to be able to translate very small objects in 3D space without requiring any connections to the object, so I think a careful application of ultrasound could, at least in principle, be used to exert a force without suction or invasion.

It would be very difficult to get a consistent force, however, because it requires a detailed knowledge of the density variations in the sample (a patient's tissue in this case) and the ultrasound signal will have to be time-varying. A very complex situation indeed!
This is an interesting idea. I could see ultrasound being useful for "pushing" an item directionally away from the ultrasonic transducer, but i'm not sure how you would create a suction or "pulling force" using ultrasound.

Originally Posted by neila9876 View Post
@icydash:
I think that Faraday could help you...
A coil in the vertical direction, input AC; a permenant magnet in the horizontal direction..put you arm at the cross point...paint a bit water on the skin...
This is also an interesting idea, but I'm not quite clear on the spatial arrangement of the coil, magnet, and arm. Would my arm be through the interior of the coil, with the magnet outside the coil?

Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Here's an idea .... make up your own special conductive tattoo ink by adding carbon or silver dust to normal ink , then you can tattoo spirals or whatever on your skin in a way that would create a good path for the current to create the strongest field ...

You could even embed small leds into your skin that could be powered by the tattoo lines , they would light when you come close to an AC field ...

I doubt in practice it would work, unless the ink could be made really conductive ...

There maybe a way to embed in the skin , ultra fine gold or platinum wires so that the body does not reject them
This would probably work, but unfortunately I can't embed anything in the patient's skin

Last edited by icydash; Jun 7th 2019 at 10:22 AM.
icydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:30 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: cosmos
Posts: 307
Talking

@icydash:
What's through the coil is of course an iron core, not your arm. The spatial arrangement is the coil, the magnet and your arm constructing a xyz rectangular coordinate system.
Or you can consider the simplest method below:
Paint a bit honey on your arm and show it before your dog...
neila9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 04:08 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by neila9876 View Post
@icydash:
What's through the coil is of course an iron core, not your arm. The spatial arrangement is the coil, the magnet and your arm constructing a xyz rectangular coordinate system.
Or you can consider the simplest method below:
Paint a bit honey on your arm and show it before your dog...
Ah thanks. And you think if I pass enough current through the wire it would attract my skin? How much current would you need for something like that?

Haha I like that alternative option - that's a win for me and my dog!

Last edited by icydash; Jun 7th 2019 at 04:12 PM.
icydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 07:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: cosmos
Posts: 307
Talking

@icydash:
In respect of specific design, you have to invite a qualified engineer such as Oz93666 to do that. This semi - tramp used to be a fourth rate technician, but it has been deprived by the local dark force (地方黑恶势力)...
A double win for you and your dog? I hope so. You will not get rid off its teeth first?
neila9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Electricity and Magnetism

Tags
build, charge, magnetic, skin



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Physics Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CO2 ice vs N2O liq which ones burns more your skin Sakharov Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 3 Oct 4th 2018 01:24 AM
Why we can't build a QFT of gravity? ndung Quantum Physics 20 Jan 20th 2015 04:52 AM
Uniform line charge of linear charge density + E field chevy900ss Electricity and Magnetism 12 Mar 17th 2010 07:09 PM
If you were to build a ftl drive what would it look like roland of gilead General Physics 0 Jan 25th 2010 12:15 PM
Magnetic Field and Moving Charge runfast220 Electricity and Magnetism 1 Aug 3rd 2009 08:04 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed