Go Back   Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Electricity and Magnetism

Electricity and Magnetism Electricity and Magnetism Physics Help Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwiheretic
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 27
some formulas

dH=dl/dt
dB=dl/dx
dE/dB=-dx/dt
dD=dl/dx
dH/dD=-dx/dt


H - magnetic field strength;
B - magnetic flux density;
E - irradiance;
D - electric displacement field.

Please, have a look at these equations. Are they correct?
I can't grasp the idea. Any explanations?
I need some intuitive understanding of this formulas (if they are correct) and some knowledge about how they are derived...

I will be grateful for every comment...

Wish you everybody a nice day!!
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 518
Not sure but they remind me of Maxwell's equations: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_equations
topsquark likes this.
kiwiheretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 06:20 PM   #3
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,179
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
dH=dl/dt
dB=dl/dx
dE/dB=-dx/dt
dD=dl/dx
dH/dD=-dx/dt


H - magnetic field strength;
B - magnetic flux density;
E - irradiance;
D - electric displacement field.

Please, have a look at these equations. Are they correct?
I can't grasp the idea. Any explanations?
I need some intuitive understanding of this formulas (if they are correct) and some knowledge about how they are derived...

I will be grateful for every comment...

Wish you everybody a nice day!!
No. They are not correct.

kiwiheretic - I saw where he got the. The author is an idiot. His derivation was sinners in hell. That'll teach them. Lol The author uses d for he partial derivatives. Unfortunately our new friend DesertFox uses bold for things other than vectors.
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:40 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Pmb View Post
No. They are not correct.

kiwiheretic - I saw where he got the. The author is an idiot. His derivation was sinners in hell. That'll teach them. Lol The author uses d for he partial derivatives. Unfortunately our new friend DesertFox uses bold for things other than vectors.
The use of bold was my idea. I decided to mark the equations, because they were the things which I wanted to check whether they are correct or not. Now I know this was a bad idea and very confusing.
They are not written in bold in the original text. I just wanted to know, for example, whether dH=dl/dt is correct and if NOT- for what reason....
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:44 PM   #5
Pmb
Physics Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston's North Shore
Posts: 1,179
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
The use of bold was my idea. I decided to mark the equations, because they were the things which I wanted to check whether they are correct or not. Now I know this was a bad idea and very confusing.
They are not written in bold in the original text. I just wanted to know, for example, whether dH=dl/dt is correct and if NOT- for what reason....
Ah ha! I finally understand. In forums we have no need to make such a distinction because all equations are of importance to us. In fact we focus on them.

By the way, when I was talking about the idiot author I was talking about the author of the text you got those from. I'd never address a member of a forum like that. Okay?
Pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:53 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Pmb View Post
Ah ha! I finally understand. In forums we have no need to make such a distinction because all equations are of importance to us. In fact we focus on them.

By the way, when I was talking about the idiot author I was talking about the author of the text you got those from. I'd never address a member of a forum like that. Okay?
Sure, I understood
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Physics Help Forum > High School and Pre-University Physics Help > Electricity and Magnetism

Tags
formulas



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Physics Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need explanation for Interference formulas EricOu Light and Optics 1 May 2nd 2010 08:55 PM
how do i type formulas Creebe General Physics 1 May 11th 2009 05:40 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed